2 weeks since my last English post, 1 month before my real new post (the last was only translation of older posts). During this time I was busy to translate these posts, busy at work in Fluidesign, busy to live in LA.
During the last days, I developed my first own jQuery plugin: nyroModal.
Why a new plugin of this kind when there is already too many?
- There is no too much using jQuery, most of them use Prototype/Scriptaculous
- Most of them aren't too customizable as expected
- When you find a bug, it's difficult to contact the developer -who often ask some Paypal donations- or understand the code to fix it
- Because it's still pleasant for his ego to realize the things by himself
- Ajax Request
- Display an hidden DOM element
But I also added some stuff I don't believe see elsewhere, or not enough:
- You can target the content inside an Ajax request or a form
- Forms works with a file upload
- Background color is modifiable dynamically
- Display an error message if needed
- Ability to resize from an Ajax Request
And yes, it's already the 1.1 version because I showed it to my Fluidesign colleagues and all told me the transition -especially for the gallery- didn't look so good. So I created 2 new animations callback the same evening to get round of that.
If you have any suggestions, bug, improvement idea or if you use it, don't hesitate to let a comment. I'll be glad to answer it.
PS : I know, I didn't search too far for the name...